The No. 2 Purdue Boilermakers (29-6) will be in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Little Caesars Arena when they meet the No. 10 Butler Bulldogs (21-13). Action begins at 12:10 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Butler Bulldogs vs. Purdue Boilermakers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Boilermakers won big over the No. 15 Cal State Fullerton Titans 74-48, while the Bulldogs defeated the No. 7 Arkansas Razorbacks 79-62.
The Bulldogs had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 (above their season average of 27.3) and held the Razorbacks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.393 (below their season average of 0.542). The Boilermakers, meanwhile, held the Titans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below their season average of 27.8). The Titans also had a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 18.0). Vincent Edwards played a pivotal role for Purdue with 15 points and seven rebounds. Butler, meanwhile, received a boost from Kamar Baldwin, who contributed 24 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s premier offenses clash. Purdue ranks sixth with 119.1 points per 100 possessions and Butler is 60th (111.7). Also, the Bulldogs, who rank 306th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.201), will clash against the Boilermakers, who rank third in opponents FTA rate (0.161).
Butler Bulldogs vs. Purdue Boilermakers Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Purdue, O/U – Over
- Purdue ranks 24th in blocks per game (5.0) while Butler ranks 183rd (2.9).
- The Boilermakers rank 20th in assists per game (16.5) while the Bulldogs rank 128th (14.0).
- Purdue allows the 32nd-fewest steals per game (5.1) while Butler ranks 35th (5.2).
- The Boilermakers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, down from 15.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (7.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (2.5 above their season average).