The Butler Bulldogs (14-10, 5-6 Big East) will be at Carnesecca Arena to take on the St. John’s Red Storm (17-7, 5-6 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Butler Bulldogs at St. John’s Red Storm ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Red Storm were beaten by the Providence Friars, 70-56, while the Bulldogs beat the Georgetown Hoyas, 73-69.
The Bulldogs held the Hoyas to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.523) and had a better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 13.5). St. John’s, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 17.7). Shamorie Ponds led the way for St. John’s, recording 20 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Kamar Baldwin was a key piece for Butler with 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Baldwin led the Bulldogs to an 80-71 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 30 points. Butler’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over St. John’s. The Bulldogs had a rate of 0.549 while the Red Storm posted a mark of 0.437.
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Red Storm will look to push the slower-paced Bulldogs. The Red Storm rank 48th in possessions per game while the Bulldogs are 305th.
Butler vs. St. John’s Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Over
- St. John’s ranks 17th in steals per game (8.6) while Butler ranks 187th (5.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 47th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Red Storm rank 151st (13.5).
- St. John’s ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Butler ranks 109th (3.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 82nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while the Red Storm rank 249th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- Butler ranks 122nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while St. John’s ranks 247th (37.6).
- During their last five games, the Red Storm have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (10.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.7 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 6.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Butler has defeated opponents by an average of 4.2 points.