The Buffalo Bulls (15-5, 7-0 MAC) and the Ohio Bobcats (9-10, 2-5 MAC) face off at Convocation Center. The Bulls look to continue their eight-game winning streak. Buffalo is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 159 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview
The Bulls were victorious over the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last outing, 83-69. Jeremy Harris was the games high scorer with 22 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Buffalo played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.474 (above their season average of 0.197) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 32.1). Eastern Michigan was 0.123 and 27.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Bobcats played, they were topped by the Akron Zips, 71-68. Gavin Block was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Akron had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 vs. 27.6). Ohio, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (13-16; 81.3 percent).
There should be plenty of transition action in this meeting that features a pair of the NCAA’s more fast-breaking teams. Ohio ranks 43rd in possessions per game (73.5) and Buffalo is 18th (74.9).
Of Buffalo’s 17 games with betting action, 10 have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Ohio’s 14 games have finished over the O/U total. The Bulls come into this game with a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 15-5 SU and 11-5-1 ATS, while the Bobcats are 9-10 SU and 5-7-2 ATS.
Nick Perkins has taken his game to another level as of late for Buffalo, averaging 18.2 points and 7.0 rebounds over the last five games.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Bulls won 83-79. Buffalo had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.623 vs. 0.478). Ohio, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 22.2).
Buffalo Bulls at Ohio Bobcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Under
- The Bobcats average 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 113th in the nation. The Bulls rank 150th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Ohio ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Buffalo ranks 74th (5.8).
- Ohio is 2-3 ATS at home, while Buffalo is 7-3 ATS on the road.
- Of the Bulls 10 road games, they have 6 overs and 4 unders.
- The Bobcats have 3 unders and 2 overs in 5 home games.
- Buffalo ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while Ohio ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Bulls rank 43rd in rebounds per game (39.1) while the Bobcats rank 251st in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- Buffalo ranks 29th in assists per game (16.9) while Ohio ranks 133rd (13.9).
- Ohio is 1-3-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Buffalo is 4-0-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bobcats average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 86.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (7.5 below their season average).