MAC foes will collide when the Northern Illinois Huskies (10-14, 3-8 MAC) square off against the Buffalo Bulls (18-6, 10-1 MAC) at Convocation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls at Northern Illinois Huskies Free Preview
In the Bulls last outing, they beat the Central Michigan Chippewas, 88-82. With 18 points and seven rebounds, CJ Massinburg had a solid game for Buffalo. The Bulls, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.536, had a solid mark of 0.586 and had a better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 17.0).
The Huskies are trying to rebound after their 82-77 loss to the Toledo Rockets in their last outing. Eugene German was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 14-for-29 shooting. Toledo did an excellent job of making free throws (25-31; 80.6 percent). Northern Illinois, on the other hand, held the Rockets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.7 (below their season average of 26.8).
Buffalo appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulls rank 64th in offensive efficiency, while Northern Illinois ranks 284th in defensive efficiency.
Jeremy Harris has really been playing well over the last five games for Buffalo, averaging 19.0 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulls won 95-67. The Bulls played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.6 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.625. For those same stats, the Huskies were 22.7 and 0.480, respectively. Nick Perkins was the games leading scorer with 26 points.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 73rd in blocks per game (3.9) while the Huskies rank 165th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Northern Illinois ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while Buffalo ranks 69th (5.7).
- Buffalo ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Northern Illinois ranks 286th (16.4).
- The Bulls rank 26th in assists per game (16.8) while the Huskies rank 269th (10.1).
- Buffalo ranks 49th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Northern Illinois ranks 184th (34.4).
- The Huskies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average).