The No. 5 Kentucky Wildcats (25-10) will be in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Taco Bell Arena when they square off with the No. 13 Buffalo Bulls (27-8). Action begins at 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Kentucky Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wildcats defeated the No. 12 Davidson Wildcats 78-73, while the Bulls won big over the No. 4 Arizona Wildcats 89-68.
Buffalo made 15 of their 30 three pointers (50.0 percent), while Arizona was just 2-18 (11.1 percent). Kentucky, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (26-32; 81.3 percent). Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a good game for Kentucky, putting up 19 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Meanwhile, Wes Clark played a pivotal role for Buffalo with 25 points and seven assists.
The physical Kentucky offense could be living from the charity stripe in this meeting. The Wildcats rank 11th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.304, while Buffalo ranks 313th in FTA rate allowed (0.291). Furthermore, the upper-echelon offense of the Bulls ranks 33rd in effective field goal percentage (0.552), while the Wildcats are 28th-best in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469).
The Bulls Jeremy Harris has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 18.0 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has averaged 19.4 points, 6.8 assists and 1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Wildcats.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Kentucky Wildcats Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Over
- Buffalo ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Kentucky ranks 320th (14.8).
- The Wildcats average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 27th in the nation. The Bulls rank 177th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Wildcats average 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. The Bulls rank 224th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Buffalo ranks 13th in assists per game (16.8) while Kentucky ranks 164th (13.3).
- The Bulls average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.6, up from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average).