The No. 4 Arizona Wildcats (27-7) will be 9-point favorites in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Taco Bell Arena when they go head-to-head against the No. 13 Buffalo Bulls (26-8). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 157 points and it starts at 9:40 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the USC Trojans 75-61, while the Bulls beat the Toledo Rockets 76-66.
Buffalo dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 14.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (below their season average of 0.549). For those same stats, Toledo had marks of 16.4 and 0.430, respectively. The Wildcats, on the other hand, had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 48.1 (above their season average of 32.9), while the Trojans had a free throw rate of 0.151 (below their season average of 0.217). Deandre Ayton was a key piece for Arizona with 32 points and 18 rebounds. Buffalo, meanwhile, was lifted by Wes Clark, who put up 26 points and five rebounds.
This showdown figures to be a shootout as a pair of the nation’s best offenses clash. Arizona ranks 10th with 117.7 points per 100 possessions and Buffalo is 26th (114.5).
Vegas is known to set the total low when the Bulls are involved, as 61.3 percent of their games have ended over the total. Buffalo comes into the contest with records of 26-8 straight up (SU) and 16-13-2 against the spread (ATS).
It’s tough to find a trend for games including the Wildcats in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Arizona is 27-7 SU, but they have a hard time covering the spread (14-19-1 ATS).
Buffalo Bulls vs. Arizona Wildcats Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Arizona, O/U – Under
- Buffalo ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while Arizona ranks 256th (18.4).
- The Bulls rank 14th in assists per game (16.9) while the Wildcats rank 98th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Buffalo ranks 118th in steals per game (6.4) while Arizona ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Wildcats rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.0) while the Bulls rank 224th (36.5).
- Arizona averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. Buffalo ranks 172nd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Bulls’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.8, up from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (8.0 below their season average).