The Buffalo Bulls (8-3, 1-0 MAC) look to snap the nine-game winning streak of Ball State when they travel to John E. Worthen Arena to challenge the Cardinals (10-4, 1-0 MAC). Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls at Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview
In the Bulls last game, they beat the Toledo Rockets, 104-94. CJ Massinburg was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 7-for-13 shooting. The Bulls had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 16.6) and had a free throw rate of 0.415 (above their season average of 0.205).
The Cardinals will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last game, 72-62. Ball State’s Trey Moses led the way, recording 13 points and 10 rebounds. Ball State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.263 (below their season average of 0.264) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 27.2). Eastern Michigan was 0.098 and 31.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Ball State offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this matchup. The Cardinals rank 96th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.264, while Buffalo is among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 309th-ranked FTA rate of 0.295).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last contest, the Bulls won 96-69. The Bulls dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 and a turnover percentage of 12.7. The Cardinals put up marks of 18.8 and 22.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Ball State Cardinals Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 75th in steals per game (7.2) while the Cardinals rank 155th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Ball State averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 89th in the NCAA. Buffalo ranks 159th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Buffalo ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.7) while Ball State ranks 135th (22.1).
- The Bulls average 16.8 assists per game, which ranks 39th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 155th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Ball State ranks 111th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Buffalo ranks 214th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 84.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.0 points per game (5.5 above their season average).