The Northeastern Huskies (4-4) will be at home in Matthews Arena when they go head-to-head with the Bucknell Bison (4-5). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
Bucknell Bison at Northeastern Huskies ATS Preview
The last time the Bison played, they were victorious over the Vermont Catamounts, 81-77. Zach Thomas was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The Bison, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.523, had an extraordinary mark of 0.625 and held the Catamounts to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below the 33.7 mark opponents have averaged against Bucknell this season).
The Huskies hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Cornell Big Red in their last matchup, 84-66. With 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Donnell Gresham Jr. led Northeastern in scoring. The Huskies forced 23 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.673 (above their season average of 0.514).
The high-powered offense of Bucknell will square off against the mid-tier defense of Northeastern. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bison rank 83rd in offensive efficiency, while the Huskies are 221st in defensive efficiency. The Bison figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Bucknell Bison at Northeastern Huskies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 106th in the nation. The Huskies rank 122nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Northeastern averages 5.8 steals per game, which ranks 204th in the nation. Bucknell ranks 209th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Bucknell ranks 78th in assists per game (14.9) while Northeastern ranks 159th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Bison rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while the Huskies rank 91st (20.2).
- Bucknell ranks 246th in rebounds per game (34.1) while Northeastern ranks 266th (33.5).