The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (10-13, 5-7 Pat) look to snap the 10-game winning streak of Bucknell when they welcome the Bison (17-8, 11-1 Pat) to Stabler Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 159.5 points with Bucknell opening as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Bucknell Bison vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks Odds Preview
The Bison were victorious over the Lafayette Leopards in their last contest, 74-59. Zach Thomas was the games high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-17 shooting. The Bison had a great turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 15.5) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.532 vs. 0.472).
The last time the Mountain Hawks played, they topped the Boston University Terriers, 80-75. Lehigh rallied around Caleb Bennett, who was the teams leading scorer with 23 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Lehigh dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.196 (above their season average of 0.192) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.8). For those same stats, Boston University was 0.097 and 28.6, respectively.
Bucknell appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bison rank 82nd in offensive efficiency, while Lehigh ranks 313th in defensive efficiency.
Stephen Brown has really been playing well over the last five games for Bucknell, averaging 16.2 points, 4.0 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bison won 78-65. Bucknell had a much better turnover percentage (12.4 vs. 24.1). Lehigh, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent). Brown scored a game-high 23 points.
Bucknell Bison at Lehigh Mountain Hawks ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Over
- The Bison rank 60th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Mountain Hawks rank 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Bucknell ranks 64th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Lehigh ranks 272nd (26.4).
- The Bison rank 118th in assists per game (14.2) while the Mountain Hawks rank 255th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- Bucknell ranks 114th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Lehigh ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The Mountain Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 82.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (9.1 below their season average).