The VCU Rams (5-5) will be at home in Stuart Siegel Center when they clash against the Bucknell Bison (4-6). Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Bucknell Bison at VCU Rams Betting Preview
In the Bison’s last outing, they were blown out by the Northeastern Huskies, 82-64. Zach Thomas put together a solid performance for Bucknell, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Northeastern held the Bison to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.5 (below their season average of 26.3). Bucknell, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.235 vs. 0.129).
The Rams are hoping for a better outcome after their 90-67 loss to the No. 19 Seton Hall Pirates in their last game. Justin Tillman was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Seton Hall did a terrific job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent). VCU, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 33.3).
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for VCU in this contest. The Rams currently rank 83rd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.7 percent), while Bucknell ranks 293rd in defensive rebounding percentage (68.0 percent).
Bucknell Bison at VCU Rams Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Under
- The Bison rank 71st in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Rams rank 116th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- VCU averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. Bucknell ranks 152nd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- VCU ranks 104th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Bucknell ranks 248th (32.5).
- The Bison rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Rams rank 152nd (6.9).
- Bucknell averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 64th in the NCAA. VCU ranks 173rd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Rams have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, VCU has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average).