The Stony Brook Seawolves (1-4) will be at home in Island Federal Credit Union Arena when they meet the Bucknell Bison (2-4). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Bucknell Bison at Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Preview
In the Bisons last contest, they beat the Ball State Cardinals, 87-83. Zach Thomas was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Bucknell played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.492 (above their season average of 0.248) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 23.7). Ball State put up marks of 0.286 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Seawolves hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Brown Bears in their last matchup, 77-64. Michael Almonacy fueled Stony Brook with 13 points and seven rebounds. Stony Brook dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.487) and a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.173). Brown recorded marks of 0.392 and 0.200, respectively, for those same stats.
Stony Brook might have trouble putting up points as they square off against one of the NCAAs best defenses. Bucknell ranks 93rd in defensive efficiency, while the Seawolves rank 207th in offensive efficiency since last season.
Bucknell Bison vs. Stony Brook Seawolves Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while the Seawolves rank 55th (19.2).
- Stony Brook ranks 243rd in rebounds per game (34.2) while Bucknell ranks 269th (33.7).
- Stony Brook ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Bucknell ranks 229th (6.8).
- The Seawolves rank 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bison rank 124th (3.2).
- Stony Brook ranks 41st in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Bucknell ranks 94th (12.3).