Pat foes will battle when the Lafayette Leopards (4-9, 2-1 Pat) challenge the Bucknell Bison (8-8, 2-1 Pat) at Kirby Sports Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Bucknell Bison vs. Lafayette Leopards ATS Preview
The Bison were victorious over the Army West Point Black Knights in their last game, 83-66. Stephen Brown was Bucknell’s high scorer with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Bison made 11 of their 15 free throws (73.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.632 (above their season average of 0.542).
In the Leopards last matchup, they topped the Colgate Raiders, 71-68. With 22 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Matt Klinewski was the games leading scorer. The Leopards had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.154) and held the Raiders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.446 (below their season average of 0.562).
The productive offense of Bucknell will clash against the mid-tier defense of Lafayette. The Bison rank 77th in offensive efficiency, while the Leopards are 209th in defensive efficiency. The Bison should have the edge on that side of the ball.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Bison won both games last season. In the last game, Bucknell won 94-64. The Bison dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 6.0 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. For those same stats, the Leopards were 16.5 and 17.1, respectively.
Bucknell Bison vs. Lafayette Leopards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Lafayette, O/U – Over
- The Bison rank 182nd in rebounds per game (34.7) while the Leopards rank 228th (33.2).
- Bucknell ranks 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Lafayette ranks 201st in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- The Leopards rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Bison rank 110th (6.5).
- Lafayette ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Bucknell ranks 90th (3.3).
- The Leopards have outscored opponents by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Lafayette has lost by an average of 3.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (8.1 below their season average).