The Army West Point Black Knights (8-5, 1-1 Pat) look to continue a six-game home winning streak when they welcome the Bucknell Bison (7-8, 1-1 Pat) to Christl Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Bucknell Bison vs. Army West Point Black Knights ATS Preview
The Bison fell to the Boston University Terriers in their last matchup, 84-79. Zach Thomas had a solid game for Bucknell, leading both teams in scoring with 25 points on 7-for-20 shooting. Boston University forced the Bison into a turnover percentage of 20.7 (above their season average of 14.4). Bucknell, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 25.3).
The last time the Black Knights played, they defeated the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 86-75. Army West Point received a boost from Alex King, who led the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Army West Point dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.140) and a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 17.1). Loyola Maryland had marks of 0.203 and 13.3, respectively, for those same stats.
There should be plenty of transition action in this battle that features two of the NCAA’s more fast-breaking teams. Army West Point ranks 57th in possessions per game (73.5) and Bucknell is 56th (73.5).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Bison won all three meetings last season. In the most recent game, Bucknell won 78-62. Bucknell’s 0.554 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Army West Point, who had a mark of 0.403.
Bucknell Bison vs. Army West Point Black Knights Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Army West Point, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Under
- Army West Point ranks seventh in assists per game (19.2) while Bucknell ranks 121st in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Bison average 22.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 125th in the NCAA. The Black Knights rank 216th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- Army West Point ranks 87th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Bucknell ranks 160th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- The Black Knights average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 7.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average).