The Northwestern Wildcats (8-5) can continue a five-game home winning streak when they meet the Brown Bears (6-5) at Allstate Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Brown Bears at Northwestern Wildcats Betting Preview
In the Bears last contest, they won big over the Marist Red Foxes, 90-69. Desmond Cambridge was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Brown dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 18.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (below their season average of 31.0). For those same stats, Marist put up marks of 19.5 and 16.1, respectively.
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 104-78 loss to the No. 17 Oklahoma Sooners in their last contest. Dererk Pardon led Northwestern in scoring with 17 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Oklahoma did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (21-27; 77.8 percent). Northwestern, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 26.7).
Second-chance points might be few and far between for Northwestern in this meeting. The Wildcats rank 248th in offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 percent), while Brown ranks 74th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.2 percent). Additionally, the Bears are among the NCAA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.344). The Wildcats, meanhwile, rank 324th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents FTA rate of 0.303.
Brown Bears at Northwestern Wildcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Brown, ATS Winner – Brown, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Bears rank 123rd (6.8).
- Northwestern averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 85th in the NCAA. Brown ranks 124th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Brown ranks 69th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Northwestern ranks 226th (33.0).
- The Wildcats rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Bears rank 141st (4.4).
- Northwestern ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while Brown ranks 106th (21.4).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.0, up from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average).