The Utah Jazz (5-7) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they go head-to-head with the Brooklyn Nets (4-7). Utah opened as a 9-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Utah Jazz Betting Preview
In the Nets’ last contest, they were beaten by the Denver Nuggets, 112-104. With 21 points on 8-for-10 shooting, Tyler Zeller led Brooklyn in scoring. Denver forced the Nets into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above their season average of 12.8). Brooklyn, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent).
The Jazz are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-74 loss to the Miami Heat in their last matchup. With 12 points and 12 rebounds, Utah’s Rudy Gobert had a solid outing. Miami held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.9 (below their season average of 19.9). Utah, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-22; 86.4 percent).
Brooklyn might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Utah currently ranks third in defensive efficiency while the Nets rank 22nd in offensive efficiency.
Of Brooklyn’s 11 games, six have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Utah’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. The Jazz have the better straight up (SU) record (5-7 vs. 4-7), but the Nets have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (6-5 vs. 6-5).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jazz won both matchups last season. In the last game, Utah won 112-97. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Utah’s largest advantages. They had 34 free throw attempts, while Brooklyn had 24.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Utah Jazz Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank third in steals per game (9.1) while the Jazz rank 21st in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Brooklyn ranks 11th in rebounds per game (45.5) while Utah ranks 25th (40.8).
- Utah ranks first in points off turnovers per game (21.3) while Brooklyn ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- Brooklyn ranks 19th in assists per game (21.5) while Utah ranks 27th (19.3).
- Brooklyn is 3-3 ATS on the road, while Utah is 5-2 ATS at home.
- In 6 road games, the Nets have 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Of the Jazz’s 7 home games, they have 4 unders and 3 overs.
- Utah is 4-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Brooklyn is 1-0.
- The Jazz are 3-2 when they reach the century mark, while the Nets are 3-6.
- The Jazz rank second in blocks per game (6.3) while the Nets rank 19th (4.3).
- Utah ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (7.6) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (12.9).
- The Jazz rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (37.3) while the Nets rank 23rd (48.7).
- The Nets rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while the Jazz rank 16th (28.3).
- Utah ranks eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (14.4).
- Utah is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Jazz’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average).