A 10-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the San Antonio Spurs (23-11) when they go head-to-head against the Brooklyn Nets (12-20) at AT&T Center. San Antonio opened as a 12-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 26, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview
In the Nets last game, they fell to the Indiana Pacers, 123-119. Brooklyn’s DeMarre Carroll had a good game, putting up 20 points and 13 rebounds. Indiana had a turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 12.3). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 22.2).
The Spurs will look to maintain momentum after beating the Sacramento Kings in their last game, 108-99. With 29 points on 13-for-22 shooting, LaMarcus Aldridge was the top scorer from either team. San Antonio dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.102 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 7.9 (better than their season average of 13.0). Sacramento put up marks of 0.081 and 9.9, respectively, for those same stats.
San Antonio appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Spurs rank sixth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509), while Brooklyn is 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.509). It will also be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Nets rank fourth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Spurs rank 29th.
Of Brooklyn’s 32 games, 17 have finished under the O/U total, while 19 of San Antonio’s 34 games have finished under the projected point total. The Spurs hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (23-11 vs. 12-20), but the Nets have been superior against the spread (ATS) (19-13 vs. 17-15-2).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Spurs won both matchups last season. In the last matchup, San Antonio won 112-86. The Spurs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 and an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.3. For those same stats, the Nets were 11.9 and 15.2, respectively.
Brooklyn Nets at San Antonio Spurs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Spurs rank 22nd in steals per game (7.1) while the Nets rank 28th (6.5).
- San Antonio averages 13.3 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.2).
- On the road, Brooklyn is 11-6 ATS with 10 unders and 7 overs.
- San Antonio is 11-5-1 ATS at home with 10 overs and 7 unders.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Brooklyn is 7-0 and San Antonio is 15-5.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Spurs are 16-1 and the Nets are 10-15.
- The Spurs rank 21st in points in the paint per game (41.7) while the Nets rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (34.5) while San Antonio ranks 27th (24.6).
- The Spurs rank second in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while the Nets rank 25th (5.4).
- San Antonio ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (46.0).
- San Antonio is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 104.2 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average).