An 11-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Philadelphia 76ers (34-21), who will be 8-point favorites when they meet the Brooklyn Nets (25-28) at Wells Fargo Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217 points and it begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The 76ers (2-point underdogs) defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 110-103, while the Nets (4-point underdog) beat the Toronto Raptors 101-91. The Philadelphia game finished 11.5 points under the projected point total of 224.5, while the Brooklyn game went 32.5 points under the projected point total of 224.5.
Brooklyn played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.227 (above their season average of 0.196) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 23.1). For those same stats, Toronto recorded marks of 0.111 and 12.2, respectively. The 76ers, on the other hand, held the Clippers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.4 (below their season average of 24.3) and had a turnover percentage of 5.4 (better than their season average of 12.6). Ben Simmons led the way for Philadelphia with 26 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists to register his fifth triple-double this year. Meanwhile, Spencer Dinwiddie had a solid performance for Brooklyn, putting up 17 points, nine assists and six rebounds.
The 76ers lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 228 points, which was over the projected point total of 218. Philadelphia won 117-111, covering as a 2-point favorite. Philadelphia had a much better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 18.7). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.272 vs. 0.213). Simmons put up a triple-double in the victory, with 34 points, 12 rebounds and 12 assists.
Games featuring the Nets have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (49.1 percent). Brooklyn holds records of 25-28 straight up (SU) and 26-26-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Brooklyn, a little over half of 76ers games have finished over the total. Philadelphia is 34-21 SU, but they are just 24-28-3 ATS.
Philadelphia might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Brooklyn currently ranks eighth in defensive efficiency, while the 76ers rank 18th in offensive efficiency.
Nets vs. 76ers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while the Nets rank 25th (15.1).
- Philadelphia ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while Brooklyn ranks 24th (5.5).
- The 76ers rank first in three pointers allowed per game (28.6) while the Nets rank 18th (34.1).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (50.1) while Philadelphia ranks 19th (47.5).
- Brooklyn ranks 14th in fast break points per game (13.4) while Philadelphia ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (13.6).
- The 76ers rank second in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while the Nets rank 23rd (46.3).
- The 76ers rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Nets rank 15th (13.2).
- Brooklyn is second in the league with 22.1 assists allowed per game while Philadelphia is third with 22.2 assists allowed per game.
- Philadelphia ranks ninth in steals per game (8.2) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (6.7).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 14-1 and Brooklyn is 7-1.
- The 76ers are 30-10 when they score more than 100 points, while the Nets are 25-21.
- Philadelphia is 15-10-2 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 10-14-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 12 of the Nets’ 25 road games, while 14 of the 76ers’ 27 home games have gone over.
- The Nets are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 4 unders and 1 over, while Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 14.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Brooklyn has lost by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 110.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.0 points per game (7.8 above their season average).