The Memphis Grizzlies (7-11), who are currently on a seven-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Brooklyn Nets (6-12) to FedExForum. Memphis opened as a 5.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212 points. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Memphis Grizzlies ATS Preview
The last time the Nets played, they lost a tough one against the Portland Trail Blazers, 127-125. Spencer Dinwiddie had a good game for Brooklyn, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Portland did a fantastic job of making free throws (25-35; 71.4 percent). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (above their season average of 21.1).
The Grizzlies are trying to rebound after their 104-92 loss to the Denver Nuggets in their last outing. With 15 points, 14 assists and six rebounds, Memphis Marc Gasol played well. Denver had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 27.4). Memphis, meanwhile, forced the Nuggets into a turnover percentage of 18.8 (above their season average of 14.1).
Memphis should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Memphis ranks fifth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.8 percent), while Brooklyn forces the fifth-fewest turnovers (13.6 percent). It will also be a showdown of contrasting styles as the up-tempo Nets rank first in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Grizzlies rank 29th.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Brooklyn games have gone over 66.7 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of games involving Memphis have finished under. The Grizzlies hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (7-11 vs. 6-12), but the Nets have the better against the spread (ATS) record (11-7 vs. 6-12).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Nets, its been Dinwiddie, who has averaged 15.0 points and 8.0 assists, while the Grizzlies have received solid contributions from Gasol (19.8 points, 10.8 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 2.0 blocks).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Nets won the most recent matchup 122-109. The Nets dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.630 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4. For those same stats, the Grizzlies had marks of 0.506 and 19.0, respectively.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank 11th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (8.6).
- Memphis ranks third in fast break points per game (14.8) while Brooklyn ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (11.7).
- Memphis ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Brooklyn ranks 18th (8.1).
- Memphis ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.1) while Brooklyn ranks 10th (21.8).
- Memphis is 3-7 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 5-4 ATS on the road.
- In 9 road games, the Nets have 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Of the Grizzlies 10 home games, they have 8 unders and 2 overs.
- Brooklyn is 2-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Memphis is 5-1.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Nets are 5-11 and the Grizzlies are 4-3.
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.6) while the Grizzlies rank 18th (28.5).
- Memphis averages 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Brooklyn ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (6.2).
- The Grizzlies rank sixth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Nets rank 25th (47.9).
- The Grizzlies rank first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.9) while the Nets rank 15th (17.3).
- Brooklyn ranks 10th in rebounds per game (45.1) while Memphis ranks 28th (39.8).
- Memphis is 0-5 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 4-1 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 113.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (1.1 above their season average).