The Detroit Pistons (26-26) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they clash against the Brooklyn Nets (19-36). Detroit is a 9-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 208 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The Nets lost to the Houston Rockets in their last game, 123-113. Brooklyn’s Spencer Dinwiddie recorded 18 points and nine assists in the game. Houston did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (17-21; 81.0 percent). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (23.8 vs. 22.9).
In the Pistons last game, they blew out the Portland Trail Blazers, 111-91. Andre Drummond led the way for Detroit, recording 17 points, 17 rebounds and five assists. Detroit played a nearly perfect game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.513) and a free throw rate of 0.092 (below their season average of 0.167). Portland was 0.447 and 0.074, respectively, for those same stats.
Brooklyn could have a tough time creating turnovers. Detroit ranks seventh in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.4 percent), while Brooklyn forces the fewest turnovers (11.9 percent).
Of Brooklyn’s 54 games with betting action, 31 have finished under the O/U total, while 28 of Detroit’s 52 games have finished under the O/U total. The Pistons hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (26-26 vs. 19-36), but the Nets have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (31-22-1 vs. 26-24-2).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Nets, it’s been Dinwiddie, who has averaged 15.2 points and 8.0 assists, while the Pistons have gotten great contributions from Drummond (17.4 points, 16.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 2.4 steals and 2.4 blocks).
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson put up 21 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in the most recent contest, in which the Nets defeated the Pistons 101-100, covering as 6-point underdogs. The two teams combined to score 201 points, which was 9 points below the projected point total of 210 points. The Nets dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.544 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.3. The Pistons were 0.472 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Detroit Pistons Free Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.9) while the Pistons rank 18th (28.4).
- Detroit ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.1) while Brooklyn ranks last (5.7).
- Detroit ranks 15th in steals per game (7.8) while Brooklyn ranks last (6.1).
- Detroit averages 44.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0).
- Brooklyn is 17-11 ATS on the road with 16 unders and 12 overs.
- Detroit is 12-14-1 ATS at home with 14 overs and 13 unders.
- Detroit is 13-6 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Brooklyn is 11-1.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Nets are 15-22 and the Pistons are 23-12.
- The Nets rank fourth in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Pistons rank 19th (42.7).
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (21.1) while Detroit ranks 26th (24.3).
- The Pistons rank 11th in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while the Nets rank 29th (14.0).
- The Pistons rank second in fast break points allowed per game (8.7) while the Nets rank ninth (10.6).
- Detroit ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Brooklyn ranks 20th (13.1).
- Detroit is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pistons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 103.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (1.6 above their season average).