The Brooklyn Nets (26-53) will travel to United Center to clash with the Chicago Bulls (27-52). The Bulls opened as 5.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215.5 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bulls were beaten by the Boston Celtics, 111-104, while the Nets were victorious over the Milwaukee Bucks, 119-111.
Brooklyn launched 39 three pointers, making 19 of them (48.7 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, was 5-20 (25.0 percent). Chicago, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.116 vs. 0.086). Jerian Grant had a solid performance for Chicago, finishing with 15 points, eight assists and five steals. Brooklyn was led by Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, who finished with 14 points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
Chicago should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Chicago ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.1 percent), while Brooklyn forces the fewest turnovers (11.7 percent). Also, the Nets rank 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 percent), while the Bulls rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.5 percent).
Of the Nets 79 games, 42 have finished under the projected point total. Brooklyn is 44-34-1 against the spread (ATS), despite being 26-53 straight up (SU).
Contrary to Brooklyn, a little over half of Bulls games have finished over the O/U total. Further, Chicago is 27-52 SU and 40-35-3 ATS.
In their first matchup this year, Jarrett Allen led the Nets to a 104-87 victory. He put up 18 points and nine rebounds. Brooklyn covered as a 5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 191 points, which was well under the projected point total of 216.5. Brooklyn had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.387). Chicago, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 vs. 14.6).
Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- Brooklyn ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (24.4) while Chicago ranks last (32.2).
- The Bulls rank seventh in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Nets rank 27th (13.5).
- Chicago ranks 15th in steals per game (7.6) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (6.1).
- Chicago is 26th in the NBA with 14.8 points off turnovers per game while Brooklyn is 29th with 14.1 points off turnovers per game.
- The Bulls rank sixth in rebounds per game (44.8) while the Nets rank 28th in rebounds allowed per game (46.7).
- The Nets rank 17th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Bulls rank 28th (3.6).
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (21.7) while Chicago ranks 28th (25.7).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Chicago is 8-6 and Brooklyn is 12-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Nets are 22-35 and the Bulls are 24-25.
- Chicago is 21-16-2 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 27-14 ATS on the road.
- The Nets have 21 overs and 20 unders in 41 road games.
- The Bulls have 20 overs and 19 unders in 39 home games.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn and Chicago have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 3-2.
- The Bulls have outscored opponents by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Chicago has been defeated by an average of 6.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 106.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average).