The Toronto Raptors (18-8) can extend a seven-game home winning streak when they meet the Brooklyn Nets (11-16) at Air Canada Centre. Toronto opened as an 11-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 218 points. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors Odds Preview
The Nets fell to the New York Knicks in their last matchup, 111-104. Brooklyn’s Spencer Dinwiddie put together a good game, leading the team in scoring with 26 points on 9-for-17 shooting. New York had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 15.4). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 21.9).
The last time the Raptors played, they defeated the Phoenix Suns, 115-109. Toronto rallied around DeMar DeRozan, who was the top scorer from either team with 37 points on 12-for-24 shooting. Toronto’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Phoenix. The Raptors had a rate of 5.4 (better than their season average of 12.6), while the Suns posted a mark of 10.1.
The high-powered offense of Toronto will face off against the mid-tier defense of Brooklyn. The Raptors rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while the Nets are 19th in defensive efficiency. The Raptors should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Nets, who rank fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Raptors, who rank 27th in opponents FTA rate (0.227). There does not appear to be a trend for either of these teams in terms of going over or under the O/U total. The Raptors have the superior straight up (SU) record (18-8 vs. 11-16), but the Nets hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (17-9 vs. 14-12).
The Nets Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (15.2 points and 7.6 rebounds) and Caris LeVert (14.4 points, 6.4 assists and 1.4 steals) have been playing well over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Raptors have their own duo of hot players. DeRozan has averaged 22.8 points, 7.2 assists, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals, while Serge Ibaka has averaged 18.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.0 blocks.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Raptors won all four contests played against each other last season. In the last game, Toronto won 103-95. Toronto had a much better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 19.8). Brooklyn, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent).
Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Raptors average 47.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Nets rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.4).
- Brooklyn averages 11.9 fast break points per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Toronto ranks 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.9).
- Toronto ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.3) while Brooklyn ranks 19th (15.9).
- Brooklyn is 10-5 ATS on the road with 9 unders and 6 overs.
- At home, Toronto is 5-5 ATS with 7 overs and 3 unders.
- Toronto is 7-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 6-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Raptors are 17-4 and the Nets are 9-14.
- The Nets average 12.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Raptors rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Toronto ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (41.5) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (46.7).
- The Raptors rank eighth in steals per game (8.4) while the Nets rank 26th (6.9).
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (34.4) while the Raptors rank sixth (31.7).
- Toronto ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while Brooklyn ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Toronto is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 7.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 101.2 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.0 points per game (11.6 below their season average).