The Philadelphia 76ers (46-30), the league’s top shooting defense and 9-point favorites, will meet the Brooklyn Nets (25-52) at Wells Fargo Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223 points and it will air on YES Network at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Brooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds
In their last game, the 76ers were victorious over the Charlotte Hornets, 119-102, while the Nets lost to the Detroit Pistons, 108-96.
The 76ers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.531, had a great mark of 0.585, while the Hornets had a turnover percentage of 14.2 (above their season average of 11.0). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.494 vs. 0.494). Ben Simmons put together a good performance for Philadelphia with 20 points, 15 assists and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Brooklyn rallied around Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, who put up 14 points and eight rebounds.
There could be plenty of transition action in this contest that features a pair of the league’s more fast-paced teams. Philadelphia ranks fourth in possessions per game (101.3) and Brooklyn is fifth (101.2). Moreover, the Nets rank 21st in offensive efficiency (105.1), while the 76ers rank fourth in defensive efficiency (102.9).
Just over half of the Nets’ games have finished under the total. Brooklyn has a solid record against the spread (43-33-1), despite being 25-52 straight up (SU).
76ers games have no tendency in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Moreover, Philadelphia is 46-30 SU and 45-31 ATS.
The Nets’ Hollis-Jefferson has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 16.0 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Simmons has averaged 11.2 rebounds, 11.0 assists, 10.8 points and 1.2 steals during that same time frame for the 76ers.
The 76ers lead the season series two games to one. The two teams combined for 236 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 217.5. Philadelphia won 120-116 but was unable to cover as a 9-point favorite. The 76ers’ 4.5 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Nets, who had a rate of 10.6. Joel Embiid recorded a double-double with 24 points and 19 rebounds.
Brooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while the Nets rank 13th (11.3).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.1) while Brooklyn ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (46.7).
- The 76ers rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while the Nets rank 23rd (47.0).
- Philadelphia averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Brooklyn ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (24.5) while Philadelphia ranks 15th (29.1).
- The 76ers rank seventh in steals per game (8.1) while the Nets rank last (6.2).
- The 76ers rank 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.5) while the Nets rank 28th (14.3).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (26.7) while Brooklyn ranks 11th (23.3).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Brooklyn ranks 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Brooklyn is 12-1 and Philadelphia is 19-0.
- The Nets are 21-35 when they score more than 100 points, while the 76ers are 43-18.
- Philadelphia is 25-11 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 26-13 ATS on the road.
- In 39 road games, the Nets have 20 overs and 19 unders.
- The 76ers have 19 unders, 16 overs and 1 push in 36 home games.
- The 76ers are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push, while Brooklyn has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.0, up from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).