The Brooklyn Nets (23-51), 2-point favorites, will travel to Amway Center to go head-to-head against the Orlando Magic (22-51). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it will air on YES Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Brooklyn Nets at Orlando Magic ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Magic beat the Phoenix Suns, 105-99, while the Nets fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 121-114.
Orlando dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.1 (above their season average of 19.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.506 (below their season average of 0.518). Phoenix was 20.0 and 0.444, respectively, for those same stats. Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.7 vs. 10.1). Aaron Gordon led the way for Orlando, recording 29 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists. Brooklyn rallied around Joe Harris, who had 30 points and seven rebounds.
A little over half of the Nets games have finished under the total. Brooklyn has a respectable record against the spread (41-32-1), despite being 23-51 straight up (SU).
Vegas has a tendency to set the total high when the Magic are involved, as 57.5 percent of their games have ended under the total. Additionally, Orlando owns records of 22-51 SU and 33-38-2 ATS.
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has really been playing well recently for Brooklyn, averaging 18.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
In the season series between these two teams, the Nets lead two games to one. The two teams combined to score 193 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 219. Brooklyn won 98-95, covering as a 1-point favorite. Brooklyn’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Orlando. The Nets had a rate of 0.494 while the Magic posted a mark of 0.396. Bismack Biyombo had a double-double in the defeat, with 13 points and 17 rebounds.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Orlando Magic Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The Magic rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (15.7) while the Nets rank 29th (14.1).
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in rebounds per game (44.6) while Orlando ranks 26th (41.2).
- The Magic rank 16th in steals per game (7.7) while the Nets rank 29th (6.1).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (35.1) while Orlando ranks 14th (29.2).
- Brooklyn averages 23.2 assists per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- The Magic average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Nets rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- The Nets average 43.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks 18th in the NBA. The Magic rank last in points allowed in the paint per game (48.9).
- Brooklyn averages 10.5 fast break points per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 21st in fast break points allowed per game (12.8).
- Brooklyn ranks 13th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Orlando ranks 27th (10.6).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Orlando is 10-7 and Brooklyn is 12-1.
- The Nets are 19-35 when they reach 100 points, while the Magic are 22-28.
- Brooklyn is 24-13 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 14-21-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 22 of the Magic’s 36 home games, while 19 of the Nets 37 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn and Orlando are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Nets have 4 overs and 1 under over their last five games, while the Magic have 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 99.6 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average).