The Milwaukee Bucks (24-22) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they take on the Brooklyn Nets (18-30). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points with Milwaukee set as a 6-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
The Nets lost a close one to the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last matchup, 109-108. Jarrett Allen had a good game for Brooklyn, putting up 12 points and 11 rebounds. Oklahoma City had a turnover percentage of 3.6 (better than their season average of 12.5). Brooklyn, on the other hand, was lights out from beyond the arc (16-38; 42.1 percent).
In the Bucks last matchup, they defeated the Phoenix Suns, 109-105. With 35 points on 13-for-19 shooting, Khris Middleton was the top scorer from either team. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.394 (above their season average of 0.224) and a turnover percentage of 16.3 (worse than their season average of 12.4). For those same stats, Phoenix was 0.228 and 19.3, respectively.
Brooklyn could have a tough time creating turnovers. Milwaukee ranks seventh in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.5 percent), while Brooklyn forces the fewest turnovers (12.1 percent). Conflicting styles will be on display in this meeting. The fast-breaking Nets rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Bucks rank 27th.
Of Brooklyn’s 48 games, 26 have finished under the O/U total, while 26 of Milwaukee’s 46 games have finished over the O/U total. The Bucks hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (24-22 vs. 18-30), but the Nets have been superior against the spread (ATS) (30-17-1 vs. 19-22-5).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Nets, it’s been DeMarre Carroll, who has averaged 17.6 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals, while the Bucks have gotten solid contributions from Middleton (18.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.6 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bucks won all four contests played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Milwaukee won 129-125. The Bucks played a nearly flawless game. They had a great turnover percentage of 8.9 and a superb free throw rate of 0.250. For those same stats, the Nets were 14.8 and 0.216, respectively.
Brooklyn Nets at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (34.1) while the Bucks rank 27th (24.4).
- Milwaukee averages 46.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Brooklyn ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.1).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (14.5).
- Brooklyn ranks 14th in assists per game (22.4) while Milwaukee ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- Milwaukee is 8-13-3 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 17-8 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 13 of the Nets’ 25 road games, while 13 of the Bucks’ 24 home games have gone over.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Milwaukee is 9-3 and Brooklyn is 11-1.
- The Nets are 14-21 when they reach the century mark, while the Bucks are 20-12.
- The Nets rank 15th in second chance points per game (12.2) while the Bucks rank 29th (9.8).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.6) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.4).
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals per game (8.6) while the Nets rank last (6.1).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (8.2) while the Nets rank 10th (10.7).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Brooklyn ranks 28th (5.6).
- Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 1.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 101.8 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (4.0 below their season average).