The Dallas Mavericks (5-16) will be at home in American Airlines Center when they meet the Brooklyn Nets (7-13). Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Dallas Mavericks ATS Preview
The Nets were beaten by the Houston Rockets in their last game, 117-103. With 24 points on 10-for-16 shooting, Isaiah Whitehead led Brooklyn in scoring. Houston held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.0 (below their season average of 21.9). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 13.7).
The last time the Mavericks played, they were beaten by the San Antonio Spurs, 115-108. With 16 points, six assists and five rebounds, Dallas J.J. Barea put together a good game. One of San Antonios largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 19-21 (90.5 percent), while the Mavericks were 12-17 (70.6 percent).
Brooklyn could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Dallas ranks ninth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.1 percent), while Brooklyn forces the eighth-fewest turnovers (13.7 percent).
Of Brooklyns 20 games, 12 have finished over the O/U total, while 11 of Dallas 21 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Nets have a substantial advantage. They are 7-13 SU and 13-7 ATS, while the Mavericks are 5-16 SU and 8-13 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Mavericks won both games last season. In the last game, Dallas won 111-104. The Mavericks turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Nets. Dallas had a rate of 10.3, while Brooklyn posted a mark of 14.5.
Brooklyn Nets at Dallas Mavericks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank 10th in rebounds per game (44.9) while the Mavericks rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.1).
- Brooklyn averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. Dallas ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Dallas ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.6) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (6.0).
- Dallas is 4-8 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 7-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Nets 11 road games, while 6 of the Mavericks 12 home games have gone under.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Dallas is 5-4 and Brooklyn is 3-0.
- The Nets are 5-12 when they score more than 100 points, while the Mavericks are 3-6.
- The Nets rank 17th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while the Mavericks rank 27th (14.5).
- Dallas ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.9) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (46.9).
- The Nets average 12.5 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Mavericks rank 27th in fast break points allowed per game (13.4).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (33.6) while Dallas ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (30.3).
- Dallas is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Mavericks have outscored opponents by an average of 6.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Dallas has lost by an average of 5.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 109.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 113.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average).