The Brooklyn Nets (19-40), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they head to Spectrum Center to go head-to-head against the Charlotte Hornets (24-33). Charlotte is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Charlotte Hornets Free Preview
In the Nets’ last contest, they lost to the Indiana Pacers, 108-103. Brooklyn’s DeMarre Carroll had 21 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Indiana had a turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 12.0). Brooklyn, meanwhile, held the Pacers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.467 (below their season average of 0.535).
The Hornets hope to keep it rolling after just getting past the Orlando Magic in their last outing, 104-102. With 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Dwight Howard was the game’s leading scorer. Charlotte’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Orlando. The Hornets had a rate of 11.1 (better than their season average of 11.1), while the Magic posted a mark of 17.6 (above their season average of 12.9).
Charlotte should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Charlotte ranks third in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.3 percent), while Brooklyn forces the fewest turnovers (11.8 percent).
Of Brooklyn’s 59 games, 33 have finished under the O/U total, while 28 of Charlotte’s 57 games have finished over the O/U total. The Hornets have the better straight up (SU) record (24-33 vs. 19-40), but the Nets hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (33-25-1 vs. 21-32-4).
Spencer Dinwiddie has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Brooklyn, averaging 15.2 points, 9.6 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Hornets won three out of four matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Charlotte won 111-107. The Hornets played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 and an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.7. For those same stats, the Nets were 9.3 and 13.6, respectively.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Charlotte Hornets Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Over
- The Hornets rank third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.0) while the Nets rank 22nd (17.4).
- Charlotte averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Charlotte ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Brooklyn ranks 17th (7.7).
- Charlotte ranks 21st in points in the paint per game (42.7) while Brooklyn ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.9).
- On the road, Brooklyn is 18-11 ATS with 16 unders and 13 overs.
- Charlotte is 13-16-1 ATS at home with 15 overs and 15 unders.
- Brooklyn is 11-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Charlotte is 8-3.
- The Hornets are 23-14 when they score more than 100 points, while the Nets are 15-26.
- The Nets rank 16th in assists per game (22.6) while the Hornets rank 28th (20.9).
- Charlotte ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (9.9) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (13.3).
- The Hornets average 45.7 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the league. The Nets rank 28th in rebounds allowed per game (46.3).
- The Nets rank 18th in fast break points per game (10.2) while the Hornets rank 27th (9.2).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (34.7) while Charlotte ranks 22nd (26.6).
- Charlotte is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 110.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 119.6 points per game (10.0 above their season average).