The Atlanta Hawks (5-17) will be at home in Philips Arena when they go head-to-head with the Brooklyn Nets (8-14). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217.5 points with Atlanta set as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Atlanta Hawks Odds Preview
These two teams have already met twice this year, each winning once. Dinwiddie recorded 15 points, nine assists and six rebounds in the most recent matchup, in which the Nets lost 114-102, unable to cover as 4.5-point favorites. The two teams combined for 216 points, which was just 1 points below the projected point total of 217 points. The Hawks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.1 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.7. The Nets were 17.2 and 26.1, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the up-and-down Nets (ranked third in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Hawks (13th in possessions per game).
Of Brooklyn’s 22 games, 13 have finished over the projected point total, while 11 of Atlanta’s 22 games have finished over the projected point total. The Nets come into this game with a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-14 SU and 14-8 ATS, while the Hawks are 5-17 SU and 10-11-1 ATS.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank 11th in assists allowed per game (21.9) while the Hawks rank last (26.2).
- Brooklyn ranks ninth in fast break points per game (12.5) while Atlanta ranks 17th in fast break points allowed per game (11.5).
- Atlanta averages 19.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Brooklyn ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- Brooklyn is 8-4 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- Atlanta is 5-5 ATS at home with 7 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- Atlanta is 1-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Brooklyn is 3-0.
- The Nets are 6-13 when they reach 100 points, while the Hawks are 5-10.
- The Nets rank 11th in second chance points per game (12.7) while the Hawks rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (33.8) while Atlanta ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (33.2).
- The Nets rank sixth in rebounds per game (45.3) while the Hawks rank 27th (40.2).
- The Nets rank 11th in points in the paint per game (45.7) while the Hawks rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.3).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in steals per game (9.1) while Brooklyn ranks 23rd (7.3).
- Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 107.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average).