A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Toronto Raptors (31-12), who will be 9.5-point favorites when they welcome the Brooklyn Nets (21-22) to Scotiabank Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219.5 points and it will air on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 11, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
The Nets come in on a high note after easily covering the 8.5-point spread against the Atlanta Hawks in their last matchup, 116-100. The Raptors, meanwhile, topped the Atlanta Hawks,104-101, but failed to cover as 14-point favorites. The Brooklyn game finished 10.5 points under the projected point total of 226.5, while the Toronto game went 23.5 points under the projected point total of 228.5.
Brooklyn played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.505 (below their season average of 0.525) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 24.7). For those same stats, Atlanta had marks of 0.394 and 33.3, respectively. The Raptors, on the other hand, knocked down 20 of their 27 free throws (74.1 percent), while the Hawks had a turnover percentage of 21.7 (above their season average of 15.2). Kawhi Leonard played well for Toronto with 31 points, six assists and six steals. D’Angelo Russell, meanwhile led the way for Brooklyn, finishing with 23 points.
In their first matchup this season, Russell led the Nets to a 106-105 win. He put up 29 points, five rebounds and five assists. Brooklyn covered as an 8.5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 211 points, which was under the projected point total of 221. Brooklyn won the rebounding battle. The Nets had 16 offensive rebounds and 60 total rebounds, while the Raptors had six and 41, respectively.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Nets games, with 21 overs compared to 21 unders. Brooklyn holds records of 21-22 straight up (SU) and 23-20 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Raptors’ 43 games, 25 have finished over the total. Toronto is 31-12 SU, but they have a hard time covering the spread (19-23-1 ATS).
Pascal Siakam has been solid as of late for Toronto, averaging 20 points,8.4 rebounds,3.8 assists over the last five games.
Toronto figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Raptors currently rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while the Nets rank 19th in defensive efficiency.
Nets at Raptors Betting Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank first in three pointers allowed per game (27.1) while the Raptors rank eighth (29.4).
- Toronto ranks third in fast break points per game (18.1) while Brooklyn ranks last (9.3).
- The Raptors rank 11th in steals per game (8.3) while the Nets rank 27th (6.7).
- Toronto averages 49.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.4).
- Toronto averages 13.3 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- The Raptors rank seventh in blocks per game (5.6) while the Nets rank 27th (4.1).
- The Nets rank fifth in assists allowed per game (22.7) while the Raptors rank 18th (24.4).
- Brooklyn averages 45.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 13th in the league. Toronto ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Toronto ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (14.8).
- Brooklyn is 5-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Toronto is 8-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Raptors are 28-9 and the Nets are 20-16.
- Brooklyn is 12-9 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 9-12 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 13 of the Raptors’ 21 home games, while 12 of the Nets’ 21 road games have gone under.
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Toronto has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Brooklyn has lost by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 115.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.6 points per game (4.7 above their season average).