The Brooklyn Nets (1-3) will try to stave off elimination when they travel to Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia 76ers (3-1) in game five of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Nets opened as 8-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 230 points and action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
In game four, Embiid led the 76ers to a 112-108 win. He recorded a double-double with 31 points and 16 rebounds. Philadelphia covered as a 3.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 220 points, which was under the projected point total of 231. The 76ers’ 29.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Nets, who had a mark of 23.2.
Games involving the Nets have no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Brooklyn holds records of 43-43 straight up (SU) and 46-40 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Brooklyn, just over half of 76ers games have finished over the total. Additionally, Philadelphia is 54-32 SU and 41-45 ATS.
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Philadelphia in this showdown. The 76ers currently rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 percent), while Brooklyn ranks 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.0 percent).
Brooklyn Nets vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank 17th in steals per game (7.4) while the Nets rank 25th (6.6).
- Philadelphia averages 48.0 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the league. Brooklyn ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.5).
- The 76ers rank fourth in assists per game (26.8) while the Nets rank 21st (23.5).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while Philadelphia ranks 20th (14.5).
- Philadelphia averages 49.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.4).
- The 76ers average 14.3 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Nets rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (14.6).
- The Nets rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (36.1) while the 76ers rank 19th (29.9).
- Philadelphia averages 15.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 22nd in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.3) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (4.1).
- Brooklyn is 13-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 12-0.
- The Nets are 42-31 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 54-25.
- Philadelphia is 22-21 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 26-17 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 21 of the Nets’ 43 road games, while 23 of the 76ers’ 43 home games have gone over.
- The 76ers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Brooklyn has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 114.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.8 points per game (4.0 above their season average).