The Los Angeles Lakers (3-5) will be at home in Staples Center when they square off with the Brooklyn Nets (3-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 224 points with Los Angeles set as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Los Angeles Lakers Odds Preview
In the Nets’ last contest, they fell to the Phoenix Suns, 122-114. Brooklyn’s D’Angelo Russell had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 33 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Phoenix held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 25.1). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 5.7 (better than their season average of 13.7).
The last time the Lakers played, they were beat by the Portland Trail Blazers, 113-110. Brook Lopez was Los Angeles’ high scorer with 27 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Portland held the Lakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.1 (below their season average of 20.5). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.570 (above their season average of 0.498).
Games involving Brooklyn have finished over 62.5 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of Los Angeles’ games have finished under. Both teams have middling straight up (SU) records (3-5 for Brooklyn; 3-5 for Los Angeles), but the Nets have the edge against the spread (ATS). Brooklyn is 4-4 ATS, while the Lakers are 3-4.
Each team won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Lakers won the last contest 125-118. The Lakers played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.370 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.9. For those same stats, the Nets were 0.162 and 18.0, respectively.
Brooklyn Nets at Los Angeles Lakers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Nets average 14.0 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Lakers rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (15.7).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (31.6) while Los Angeles ranks 19th (25.5).
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in second chance points per game (13.3) while Brooklyn ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- Brooklyn ranks 17th in blocks per game (4.7) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (4.0).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Brooklyn is 6-4 and Los Angeles is 13-5.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Nets are 21-40 and the Lakers are 27-32.
- The Lakers rank 14th in rebounds per game (43.6) while the Nets rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (47.3).
- Los Angeles averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Brooklyn ranks last in steals allowed per game (9.3).
- The Lakers average 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Nets rank last in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.9).
- The Nets rank 16th in assists allowed per game (23.0) while the Lakers rank last (25.4).
- Brooklyn averages 46.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Los Angeles ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.7).