A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Denver Nuggets (9-2), who will be 9.5-point favorites when they go head-to-head against the Brooklyn Nets (5-6) at Pepsi Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210.5 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 9, 2018.
Brooklyn Nets at Denver Nuggets ATS Odds
The Nets had no trouble getting past the Phoenix Suns in their last outing, 104-82, easily covering as 2-point favorites. The Nuggets, meanwhile, were defeated by the Memphis Grizzlies, 89-87, and were unable to cover as 3-point underdogs. The Brooklyn game went 34.5 points under the projected point total of 220.5, while the Denver game went 28 points under the projected point total of 204.
Brooklyn dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 13.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.5 (above their season average of 24.4). Phoenix was 18.2 and 18.8, respectively, for those same stats. Denver, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 vs. 22.2). Trey Lyles played well for Denver, recording 16 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Brooklyn was led by Caris LeVert, who contributed 26 points and five rebounds.
The Nuggets dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last matchup, Denver won 112-104. The Nuggets’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nets. Denver had a rate of 15.7, while Brooklyn posted a mark of 20.2. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Nets games, with 6 unders compared to 4 overs. Brooklyn holds records of 5-6 straight up (SU) and 6-5 against the spread (ATS).
Nuggets games have typically gone under the O/U total (72.7 percent). Further, Denver owns records of 9-2 SU and 7-4 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Denver currently ranks 24th in possessions per game (101.8) and Brooklyn is 23rd (101.8).
Brooklyn Nets at Denver Nuggets Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Nets average 50.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Nuggets rank 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.2).
- Denver ranks third in second chance points per game (16.4) while Brooklyn ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (16.5).
- The Nets rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (34.9) while the Nuggets rank 22nd (28.9).
- Denver ranks 11th in points off turnovers (18.1 per game) while Brooklyn ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed (19.5 per game).
- Brooklyn ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.6) while Denver ranks 11th (23.2).
- The Nuggets rank ninth in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Nets rank 28th (8.1).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in steals per game (9.0) while the Nets rank 19th (6.5).
- Denver ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (40.5) while Brooklyn ranks 21st (46.5).
- Brooklyn is 3-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Denver is 5-1.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Nuggets are 9-1 and the Nets are 5-5.
- Denver is 5-1 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 4-2 ATS on the road.
- The Nets have 4 unders, 1 over and 1 push in 6 road games.
- The Nuggets have 4 unders and 2 overs in 6 home games.
- The Nuggets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Denver has 4 unders and 1 over, while Brooklyn has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.4 points per game (4.8 below their season average).
- The Nets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 0.7 for the season.