The Southern Illinois Salukis (16-10, 8-5 MVC) can prolong a five-game home winning streak when they take on the Bradley Braves (17-9, 7-6 MVC) at SIU Arena. Southern Illinois opened as a 4.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 134 points. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Bradley Braves vs. Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Preview
The last time the Braves played, they fell to the UNI Panthers, 74-65. Bradley’s Donte Thomas put up 18 points in the contest. UNI held the Braves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 33.3). Bradley, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 15.1).
The Salukis are trying to rebound after their 76-68 loss to the Illinois State Redbirds in their last game. Kavion Pippen led Southern Illinois in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Illinois State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 26.2). Southern Illinois, meanwhile, forced the Redbirds into a turnover percentage of 22.4 (above their season average of 16.6).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Southern Illinois ranks 286th in possessions per game (67.4) and Bradley is 318th (66.2).
Of Bradley’s 24 games with betting action, 16 have finished under the projected point total, while 11 of Southern Illinois 21 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (17-9 for Bradley; 16-10 for Southern Illinois), but the Braves have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Bradley is 13-9-2 ATS, while the Salukis are 8-11-2.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 130 points, just under the projected point total of 131.5. The Braves won 68-62, covering as 6-point favorites. The Braves dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.294 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.520. The Salukis had marks of 0.241 and 0.454, respectively, for those same stats. Thomas scored a game-high 22 points.
Bradley Braves vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southern Illinois, O/U – Over
- The Braves rank 249th in three pointers attempted per game (18.8) while the Salukis rank 264th (18.3).
- Bradley is 4-8 ATS on the road, while Southern Illinois is 4-4-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 9 of the Braves 12 road games, while 6 of the Salukis 9 home games have gone under.
- Bradley ranks 108th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Southern Illinois ranks 243rd (33.2).
- The Salukis average 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. The Braves rank 146th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Bradley is 10th in the nation with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while Southern Illinois is 38th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- Southern Illinois is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bradley is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Salukis average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (5.0 above their season average).