A defensive battle should be expected when the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (13-4, 3-2 MVC) and the Bradley Braves (13-5, 3-2 MVC) face off at Joseph J. Gentile Center. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Bradley Braves at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Preview
In the Braves last outing, they beat the Southern Illinois Salukis, 68-62. Donte Thomas was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Bradley played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.294 (above their season average of 0.260) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.520 (above their season average of 0.502). Southern Illinois had marks of 0.241 and 0.454, respectively, for those same stats.
The Ramblers hope to keep it rolling after topping the Illinois State Redbirds in their last matchup, 68-61. Loyola Chicago was lifted by Clayton Custer, who finished with 14 points. Loyola Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.257) and a turnover percentage of 22.4 (worse than their season average of 18.4). Illinois State was 0.102 and 25.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Points could be at a premium in this matchup between a pair of the nations top defenses. Loyola Chicago currently ranks 49th in defensive efficiency (95.7) and Bradley is 18th (92.4).
Thomas has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Bradley, averaging 10.6 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Ramblers won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, Loyola Chicago won 70-50. The Ramblers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.2 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.613. For those same stats, the Braves were 30.8 and 0.474, respectively.
Bradley Braves at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Bradley, O/U – Over
- The Ramblers rank 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Braves rank 89th (12.7).
- Bradley ranks 246th in three pointers attempted per game (17.9) while Loyola Chicago ranks 248th (17.9).
- Bradley ranks 111th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Loyola Chicago ranks 235th (32.8).
- The Braves rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Ramblers rank 87th (3.5).
- Bradley ranks 72nd in steals per game (7.0) while Loyola Chicago ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Ramblers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).