A defensive struggle should be expected when the Evansville Aces (10-6, 0-3 MVC) and the Bradley Braves (12-4, 2-1 MVC) square off at Ford Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Bradley Braves vs. Evansville Aces ATS Preview
The last time the Braves played, they beat the Valparaiso Crusaders, 80-71. Donte Thomas was Bradley’s leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Bradley dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (below their season average of 34.2) and a free throw rate of 0.531 (above their season average of 0.244). For those same stats, Valparaiso put up marks of 22.2 and 0.377, respectively.
The Aces are hoping for a better outcome after their 65-63 loss to the Southern Illinois Salukis in their last contest. Ryan Taylor was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Southern Illinois had a free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.208). Evansville, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 27.2).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Evansville ranks 342nd in possessions per game (64.8) and Bradley is 304th (67.5).
Darrell Brown has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Bradley, averaging 17.6 points, 5.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Braves won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Bradley won 84-72. The Braves played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.620 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3. The Aces were 0.473 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Bradley Braves at Evansville Aces Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
- The Braves rank 248th in three pointers attempted per game (18.0) while the Aces rank 285th (13.3).
- Bradley ranks 71st in rebounds per game (38.4) while Evansville ranks 236th (32.8).
- The Braves rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Aces rank 121st (4.1).
- Bradley ranks 90th in steals per game (6.8) while Evansville ranks 166th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- The Aces have been outscored by an average of 10.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Evansville has defeated opponents by an average of 2.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (6.4 above their season average).