MVC foes will collide when the Drake Bulldogs (6-7) challenge the Bradley Braves (10-3) at Knapp Center. Bradley opened as a 2-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 135.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Bradley Braves vs. Drake Bulldogs Free Preview
The last time the Braves played, they were blown out by the Ole Miss Rebels, 82-59. With 16 points on 7-for-18 shooting, Darrell Brown led Bradley in scoring. Ole Miss was lights out from beyond the arc (12-27; 44.4 percent). Bradley, on the other hand, held the Rebels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 30.6).
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks in their last contest, 81-57. Drake was lifted by Reed Timmer, who was the games high scorer with 21 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Drake dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.533) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (above their season average of 24.8). Maryland Eastern Shore had marks of 0.404 and 24.4, respectively, for those same stats.
This game should be a showdown of contrasting paces. Drake has preferred to play quickly (86th in possessions per game), while Bradley has been slower-paced (301st in possessions per game).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Bradley have gone under 90.9 percent of the time, while Drake games have gone over 70.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Braves have a clear advantage. They are 10-3 SU and 7-3-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 6-7 SU and 5-4-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Braves won all three contests last season. In the last matchup, Bradley won 67-58. The Braves dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.481 and a turnover percentage of 17.2. The Bulldogs recorded marks of 0.362 and 19.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Bradley Braves vs. Drake Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Drake, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Over
- The Braves average 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 111th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 189th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Drake ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Bradley ranks 103rd (6.5).
- Bradley is 3-3 ATS on the road, while Drake is 1-0 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 1 of the Bulldogs 1 home games, while 6 of the Braves 6 road games have gone under.
- Bradley ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while Drake ranks 114th (3.8).
- The Braves average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 55th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Drake averages 24.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 70th in the NCAA. Bradley ranks 155th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Drake is 2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bradley is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (4.7 above their season average).