The Bradley Braves (15-7, 5-4 MVC) look to snap a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Indiana State Sycamores (10-11, 5-4 MVC) at Hulman Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 133 points with Indiana State opening as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 28, 2018.
Bradley Braves vs. Indiana State Sycamores Betting Preview
In the Braves last contest, they dismantled the Missouri State Bears, 72-52. Darrell Brown Jr. was the games leading scorer with 20 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Bradley dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 18.8) and a free throw rate of 0.241 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Missouri State was 14.9 and 0.140, respectively.
The Sycamores are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-77 loss to the Southern Illinois Salukis in their last contest. Jordan Barnes was Indiana State’s high scorer with 23 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Southern Illinois did an excellent job of making free throws (22-31; 71.0 percent). Indiana State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 27.3).
Indiana State might have difficulty putting up points as they clash against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Bradley ranks 17th in defensive efficiency while the Sycamores rank 241st in offensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Bradley games have finished under 80.0 percent of the time, while 68.4 percent of games featuring Indiana State have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Braves have a significant advantage. They are 15-7 SU and 11-7-2 ATS, while the Sycamores are 10-11 SU and 9-8-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Braves, it’s been Donte Thomas, who has averaged 14.2 points, 8.6 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks, while the Sycamores have received solid contributions from Barnes (18.0 points, 3.8 assists and 2.2 steals).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Sycamores won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Indiana State won 56-54. Indiana State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.364). Bradley, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.3 vs. 3.3).
Bradley Braves vs. Indiana State Sycamores Odds Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
- The Sycamores rank 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while the Braves rank 135th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Indiana State is 4-3-1 ATS at home, while Bradley is 3-7 ATS on the road.
- In 10 road games, the Braves have 9 unders and 1 over.
- The Sycamores have 5 overs and 3 unders in 8 home games.
- Bradley ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Indiana State ranks 125th (3.7).
- The Sycamores average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. The Braves rank 103rd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Bradley ranks 89th in rebounds per game (37.2) while Indiana State ranks 140th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Indiana State is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bradley is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Sycamores average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average).