The Chicago State Cougars (2-11), who are currently on a seven-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Bradley Braves (8-2) to Jones Convocation Center. Tip-off is set for 3:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Bradley Braves vs. Chicago State Cougars Free Preview
The last time the Braves played, they had no trouble getting past the Little Rock Trojans, 86-46. With 11 points, Nate Kennell played well for Bradley. Bradley played a flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.275 (above their season average of 0.227) and a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 20.3). Little Rock put up marks of 0.111 and 29.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cougars are hoping for a better outcome after their 96-31 loss to the Northwestern Wildcats in their last contest. With seven points and six rebounds, Jelani Pruitt had a good outing for Chicago State. Northwestern made 12 of their 30 three pointers (40.0 percent), while Chicago State was just 1-6 (16.7 percent).
Chicago State might have difficulty scoring as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Bradley currently ranks seventh in defensive efficiency, while the Cougars rank 341st in offensive efficiency. Also, the Braves rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (38.1 percent), while the Cougars rank 306th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.3 percent).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Braves won the lone game played against each other last season, 83-48. The Braves played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.522 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.641. For those same stats, the Cougars had marks of 0.153 and 0.331, respectively.
Bradley Braves vs. Chicago State Cougars Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Chicago State, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Over
- The Braves average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. The Cougars rank 130th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Bradley ranks 171st in three pointers allowed per game (22.6) while Chicago State ranks 227th (24.6).
- Bradley averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. Chicago State ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).
- The Braves rank 28th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Cougars rank 243rd (18.1).
- Bradley ranks seventh in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while Chicago State ranks 185th (5.4).
- The Cougars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 30.6, up from 19.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 56.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average).