MAC foes will collide when the Northern Illinois Huskies (9-10, 2-4 MAC) challenge the Bowling Green Falcons (12-7, 3-3 MAC) at Convocation Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 154 points with Northern Illinois set as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Preview
In the Falcons last outing, they fell to the Central Michigan Chippewas, 84-75. Demajeo Wiggins had a good game for Bowling Green, contributing 13 points and 11 rebounds. Central Michigan forced the Falcons into a turnover percentage of 21.3 (above their season average of 14.9). Bowling Green, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 28.3).
The Huskies are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-67 loss to the Akron Zips in their last matchup. Dante Thorpe led Northern Illinois in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Akron made 15 of their 31 three pointers (48.4 percent). Northern Illinois, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (25-33; 75.8 percent).
Bowling Green could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Northern Illinois ranks 83rd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.5 percent), while Bowling Green forces the 248th-most turnovers (18.2 percent).
Of Bowling Green’s 12 games with betting action, six have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of Northern Illinois 15 games have finished under the projected point total. The Falcons have the superior straight up (SU) record (12-7 vs. 9-10), but the Huskies hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (7-8 vs. 6-6).
Wiggins has really been playing well over the last five games for Bowling Green, averaging 17.6 points and 11.6 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 123 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 154.5. The Falcons won 66-57, covering as 3-point favorites. The Falcons played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 and a superb free throw rate of 0.276. For those same stats, the Huskies had marks of 11.1 and 0.175, respectively. Wiggins recorded a double-double with 15 points and 15 rebounds.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bowling Green, ATS Winner – Bowling Green, O/U – Under
- The Huskies rank 15th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Falcons rank 97th (6.2).
- Bowling Green is 5-1 ATS on the road, while Northern Illinois is 4-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Huskies 5 home games, while 4 of the Falcons 6 road games have gone under.
- Bowling Green ranks 106th in assists per game (14.4) while Northern Illinois ranks 256th (10.3).
- The Falcons rank 44th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Huskies rank 183rd (35.2).
- Bowling Green ranks 134th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Northern Illinois ranks 262nd (16.6).
- Northern Illinois is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bowling Green is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Huskies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average).