MAC foes will collide when the Miami (OH) RedHawks (9-8, 2-2 MAC) take on the Bowling Green Falcons (11-6, 2-2 MAC) at John D. Millett Hall. Miami (OH) is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Bowling Green Falcons at Miami (OH) RedHawks Betting Preview
The last time the Falcons played, they lost a tough one against the Akron Zips, 80-78. Justin Turner put together a solid game for Bowling Green, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Akron had a better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.471). Bowling Green, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.558 (above their season average of 0.280).
The RedHawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-66 loss to the Buffalo Bulls in their last outing. With 14 points and seven assists, Darrian Ringo had a solid outing for Miami (OH). Buffalo was lights out from beyond the arc (13-31; 41.9 percent). Miami (OH), meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.169 vs. 0.014).
Bowling Green should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Bowling Green ranks 47th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Miami (OH) forces the 62nd-fewest turnovers (17.1 percent).
Of Bowling Green’s 10 games that accepted bets, five have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Miami (OH)’s 15 games have finished under the O/U total. The Falcons hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (11-6 vs. 9-8), but the RedHawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (9-5-1 vs. 5-5).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Falcons, it’s been Demajeo Wiggins, who has averaged 14.4 points and 11.0 rebounds, while the RedHawks have received solid contributions from Ringo (14.4 points, 8.2 assists and 2.6 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 149 points, hitting the projected point total. The RedHawks won 77-72, covering as 6-point underdogs. The RedHawks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.233 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1. The Falcons were 0.167 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats. Dalonte Brown put up a double-double in the victory with 16 points and 17 rebounds.
Bowling Green Falcons at Miami (OH) RedHawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Bowling Green, O/U – Under
- The Falcons average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 82nd in the NCAA. The RedHawks rank 153rd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Bowling Green is 4-1 ATS on the road, while Miami (OH) is 3-1 ATS at home.
- The Falcons have 4 unders and 1 over in 5 road games.
- Of the RedHawks 4 home games, they have 2 overs and 2 unders.
- Miami (OH) averages 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- The RedHawks rank 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while the Falcons rank 183rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- Miami (OH) averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 101st in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 190th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Miami (OH) is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bowling Green is 3-1 ATS with 2 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The RedHawks have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Miami (OH) has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (10.1 below their season average).