The Eastern Michigan Eagles (9-5, 0-1 MAC) can continue a seven-game home winning streak when they square off with the Bowling Green Falcons (9-5, 0-1 MAC) at Convocation Center. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles Free Preview
The last time the Falcons played, they were beaten by the Miami (OH) RedHawks, 77-72. Bowling Green’s Demajeo Wiggins put together a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Miami (OH) did a great job of converting from the free throw line (14-18; 77.8 percent). Bowling Green, meanwhile, forced the RedHawks into a turnover percentage of 21.9 (above their season average of 18.2).
The Eagles are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-62 loss to the Ball State Cardinals in their last matchup. Elijah Minnie was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 10-for-22 shooting. Ball State did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (15-20; 75.0 percent). Eastern Michigan, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 16.5).
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball protection could play an integral role in this showdown. Bowling Green commits the 27th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Eastern Michigan forces the 37th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 23.0 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Eagles won the lone contest last season, 81-53. Eastern Michigan’s 0.627 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Bowling Green, who had a mark of 0.392.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank eighth in steals per game (10.1) while the Falcons rank 88th (6.9).
- Bowling Green averages 22.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. Eastern Michigan ranks 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 15th in blocks per game (6.0) while Bowling Green ranks 133rd (2.9).
- The Falcons average 39.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Bowling Green averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 121st in the NCAA. Eastern Michigan ranks 214th in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Eastern Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 6.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average).