MAC foes will battle when the Ball State Cardinals (14-9, 5-5 MAC) square off with the Bowling Green Falcons (14-9, 5-5 MAC) at John E. Worthen Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 152.5 points with Ball State set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Bowling Green Falcons at Ball State Cardinals Free Preview
In the Falcons last game, they defeated the Kent State Golden Flashes, 70-62. Justin Turner was the games leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Bowling Green dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 15.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.492 (below their season average of 0.495). Kent State had marks of 19.3 and 0.464, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cardinals are trying to rebound after their 58-41 loss to the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last game. Trey Moses was Ball State’s leading scorer with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Eastern Michigan had an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.521). Ball State, meanwhile, forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 26.2 (above their season average of 17.0).
Second-chance opportunities might be hard to find for Ball State in this meeting. The Cardinals rank 243rd in offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 percent), while Bowling Green ranks 76th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.9 percent).
Of Bowling Green’s 16 games with betting action, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 10 of Ball State’s 17 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (14-9 for Bowling Green; 14-9 for Ball State), but the Falcons have the edge against the spread (ATS). Bowling Green is 8-8 ATS, while the Cardinals are 7-10.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Falcons won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Bowling Green won 79-74. Bowling Green had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 12.8). Ball State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.393 vs. 0.377).
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Ball State Cardinals Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Under
- The Cardinals rank 96th in assists per game (14.6) while the Falcons rank 175th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Ball State ranks 95th in blocks per game (3.6) while Bowling Green ranks 97th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Bowling Green is 5-3 ATS on the road, while Ball State is 2-4 ATS at home.
- Of the Falcons 8 road games, they have 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Of the Cardinals 6 home games, they have 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Ball State averages 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 78th in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 229th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- The Falcons rank 109th in steals per game (6.5) while the Cardinals rank 202nd in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Ball State ranks 77th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Bowling Green ranks 169th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- Ball State is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bowling Green is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Cardinals have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Ball State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average).