The Bowling Green Falcons (16-13, 7-9 MAC) will travel to Convocation Center to go head-to-head with the Ohio Bobcats (12-16, 5-11 MAC) in their home finale. Ohio is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 152 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
Bowling Green Falcons at Ohio Bobcats Betting Preview
The last time the Falcons played, they lost a close one to the Kent State Golden Flashes, 64-63. Bowling Green’s Demajeo Wiggins put up 14 points and 13 rebounds in the contest. Kent State had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.233). Bowling Green, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 17.9).
The Bobcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 108-82 loss to the Buffalo Bulls in their last matchup. With 12 points and 11 rebounds, Doug Taylor played well for Ohio. Buffalo had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 31.0). Ohio, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.317 (above their season average of 0.219).
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this meeting that showcases a pair of the nation’s more fast-paced teams. Ohio currently ranks 18th in possessions per game (74.4) and Bowling Green is 50th (72.6).
Of Bowling Green’s 22 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 13 of Ohio’s 23 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Falcons have a substantial advantage. They are 16-13 SU and 13-9 ATS, while the Bobcats are 12-16 SU and 10-11-2 ATS.
Wiggins has really been playing well over the last five games for Bowling Green, averaging 14.6 points and 12.6 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 116 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 150.5. The Falcons won 66-50, but were unable to cover as 0-point underdogs. The Falcons’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bobcats. Bowling Green had a rate of 28.2, while Ohio posted a mark of 20.0. Despite the loss, Teyvion Kirk was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Ohio Bobcats Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Over
- The Bobcats average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. The Falcons rank 123rd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Ohio averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Bowling Green is 8-3 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 5 overs.
- At home, Ohio is 6-4 ATS with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- Bowling Green ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Ohio ranks 283rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.3).
- The Falcons rank 147th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Bobcats rank 262nd (25.0).
- Ohio averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Ohio is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bowling Green is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bobcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (0.2 below their season average).