The Maine Black Bears (0-4) and the Boston University Terriers (0-3) seek their first win when they clash at Cross Insurance Center. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Boston University Terriers vs. Maine Black Bears Odds Preview
The Terriers were blown out by the Connecticut Huskies in their last game, 85-66. Boston Universitys Nick Havener put up 16 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Connecticut had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 18.2). Boston University, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 12.7).
The last time the Black Bears played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 69-68. Ilker Er was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Sacred Heart had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.5 vs. 17.1). Maine, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.202).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Maine offense. Dating back to last season, Maine ranks 219th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the pesky defense of Boston University has forced the 59th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent).
The Terriers won the sole contest against the Black Bears last season, 102-78. The Terriers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.273 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.636. For those same stats, the Black Bears recorded marks of 0.169 and 0.465, respectively.
Boston University Terriers vs. Maine Black Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston University, ATS Winner – Boston University, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Terriers average 35.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 203rd in the nation. The Black Bears rank 275th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Boston University ranks 231st in blocks per game (2.6) while Maine ranks 279th (2.0).
- Boston University ranks 18th in steals per game (8.1) while Maine ranks 257th (4.9).
- The Black Bears rank 125th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Terriers rank 259th (23.1).
- Boston University ranks 144th in assists per game (13.9) while Maine ranks 275th (11.5).