Pat foes will collide when the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (3-10, 1-1 Pat) meet the Boston University Terriers (6-7, 2-0 Pat) at Reitz Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Boston University Terriers vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Free Preview
The Terriers beat the Bucknell Bison in their last matchup, 84-79. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Boston University’s Tyler Scanlon played well. The Terriers forced 19 turnovers and held the Bison to an effective field goal percentage of 0.483 (below their season average of 0.546).
In the Greyhounds last game, they were topped by the Army West Point Black Knights, 86-75. With 16 points, Loyola Maryland’s Isaiah Hart played well. Army West Point did a terrific job of making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 28.9).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Loyola Maryland. Loyola Maryland ranks 255th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Boston University forces the 100th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Terriers won two out of three games last season. In the last game, Boston University won 64-60. Boston University’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Loyola Maryland. The Terriers had a rate of 0.534 while the Greyhounds posted a mark of 0.420.
Boston University Terriers vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- The Greyhounds average 36.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 140th in the NCAA. The Terriers rank 147th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Boston University ranks 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Loyola Maryland ranks 258th (17.5).
- The Terriers rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Greyhounds rank 84th (6.2).
- Boston University averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 131st in the nation. Loyola Maryland ranks 166th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- The Greyhounds average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (4.5 above their season average).