The Bucknell Bison (7-7, 1-0 Pat) can lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Boston University Terriers (5-7, 1-0 Pat) at Sojka Pavilion. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Boston University Terriers at Bucknell Bison ATS Preview
The last time the Terriers played, they beat the Army West Point Black Knights, 90-82. Cedric Hankerson was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Boston University played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.305 (above their season average of 0.150) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.528). For those same stats, Army West Point put up marks of 0.090 and 0.567, respectively.
The Bison come in on a high note after blowing out the American University Eagles in their last game, 84-55. Nana Foulland was a key piece for Bucknell with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Bucknell dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.540) and a free throw rate of 0.250 (matching their season average). For those same stats, American University was 0.395 and 0.175, respectively.
The physical Bucknell offense might be living from the foul line in this meeting. The Bison currently rank 59th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.284, while Boston University ranks 251st in FTA rate allowed (0.263).
Foulland has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Bucknell, averaging 18.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Bison won both games last season. In the last game, Bucknell won 86-66. Bucknell had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.691 vs. 0.436). Boston University, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent).
Boston University Terriers vs. Bucknell Bison Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston University, ATS Winner – Boston University, O/U – Over
- Bucknell averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. Boston University ranks 151st in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Bison average 22.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 117th in the nation. The Terriers rank 163rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Boston University ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Bucknell ranks 73rd (5.9).
- The Bison’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 0.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (5.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (6.4 above their season average).