The American University Eagles (5-20, 2-12 Pat), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Boston University Terriers (12-13, 8-6 Pat) to Bender Arena. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Boston University Terriers at American University Eagles Odds Preview
The Terriers were beaten by the Holy Cross Crusaders in their last outing, 73-62. Boston University’s Tyler Scanlon put together a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Holy Cross had a turnover percentage of 14.4 (better than their season average of 17.6). Boston University, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 29.1).
HIn the Eagles last matchup, they were beaten by the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 80-78. Sam Iorio was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 11-for-16 shooting. Lehigh had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.570 vs. 0.464). American University, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.1 (above their season average of 23.3).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. American University ranks 298th in possessions per game (67.0) and Boston University is 261st (68.0).
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 69-58. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.212 and a turnover percentage of 16.7. For those same stats, the Terriers were 0.077 and 27.8, respectively. Iorio scored a game-high 26 points.
Boston University Terriers at American University Eagles Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – American University, ATS Winner – American University, O/U – Under
- American University ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while Boston University ranks 198th (23.0).
- The Terriers average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 195th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Boston University ranks 206th in rebounds per game (34.3) while American University ranks 299th (29.3).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).