The Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-2) will be at home in Pinnacle Bank Arena when they challenge the Boston College Eagles (5-2). Nebraska is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:15 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Boston College Eagles at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Preview
The Eagles got blown out by the Providence Friars in their last game, 86-66. Deontae Hawkins had a good performance for Boston College, recording 19 points and 12 rebounds. Providence had an effective field goal percentage of 0.685 (above their season average of 0.561). Boston College, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 15.1).
The last time the Cornhuskers played, they beat the Long Beach State 49ers, 85-80. Nebraska rallied around Glynn Watson Jr. who was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 10-for-14 shooting. The Cornhuskers knocked down 14 of their 18 free throws (77.8 percent), while the 49ers had a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above the 18.5 mark opponents have averaged against Nebraska this season).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Cornhuskers rank 40th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent), while Boston College ranks 16th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent) since the 2016-17 season.
Both of these teams tend to go under the projected point total. Boston College games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while games involving Nebraska have finished under 57.1 percent of the time. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (5-2 for Boston College; 5-2 for Nebraska), but the Cornhuskers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Nebraska is 3-4 ATS, while the Eagles are 1-2.
Boston College Eagles at Nebraska Cornhuskers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 134th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Cornhuskers rank 235th (36.8).
- Nebraska ranks 61st in blocks per game (4.3) while Boston College ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Nebraska ranks 68th in steals per game (7.0) while Boston College ranks 233rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Eagles rank 99th in assists per game (14.4) while the Cornhuskers rank 239th (12.2).
- Boston College ranks 152nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while Nebraska ranks 266th (18.4).