The Louisville Cardinals (14-4, 4-1 ACC) will attempt to extend a seven-game home winning streak when they meet the Boston College Eagles (13-6, 3-3 ACC) at KFC Yum! Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 144 points with Louisville opening as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Boston College Eagles at Louisville Cardinals ATS Preview
In the Eagles last matchup, they were victorious over the Florida State Seminoles, 81-75. With 19 points, 13 rebounds and five assists, Boston College’s Ky Bowman had a good performance. The Eagles knocked down 20 of their 25 free throws (80.0 percent) and held the Seminoles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.369 (below their season average of 0.546).
The Cardinals hope to maintain momentum after beating the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their last game, 82-78. With 23 points on 10-for-16 shooting, Raymond Spalding led Louisville in scoring. The Cardinals made 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and held the Fighting Irish to an effective field goal percentage of 0.449 (below their season average of 0.534).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Louisville figures to have a significant edge. The Cardinals defense ranks 11th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.441), while the Boston College offense is ranked 114th in effective field goal percentage (0.528).
Of Boston College’s 13 games with betting action, seven have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of Louisville’s 16 games have finished over the O/U total. The Cardinals come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-4 SU and 8-7-1 ATS, while the Eagles are 13-6 SU and 7-6 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Eagles, it’s been Jerome Robinson, who has averaged 22.8 points and 3.6 assists, while the Cardinals have received great contributions from Deng Adel (16.4 points and 7.6 rebounds).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Cardinals won the only game last season, 90-67. The Cardinals played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.271 and a turnover percentage of 11.8. For those same stats, the Eagles recorded marks of 0.164 and 18.7, respectively.
Boston College Eagles vs. Louisville Cardinals Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Cardinals rank 109th (6.4).
- Louisville ranks second in blocks per game (7.4) while Boston College ranks 73rd (4.0).
- Louisville is 5-4-1 ATS at home, while Boston College is 2-4 ATS on the road.
- In 6 road games, the Eagles have 4 unders and 2 overs.
- In 10 home games, the Cardinals have 5 overs and 5 unders.
- Boston College averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. Louisville ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Cardinals rank 139th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while the Eagles rank 253rd (25.4).
- Louisville ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Boston College ranks 108th (13.1).
- Louisville is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boston College is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 9.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (7.2 above their season average).