The Washington Wizards (42-38), 6.5-point favorites, welcome the Boston Celtics (54-26) to Capital One Arena to commence their Eastern Conference schedules. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 205.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
Boston Celtics at Washington Wizards Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Wizards fell to the Atlanta Hawks, 103-97, while the Celtics were defeated by the Atlanta Hawks, 112-106.
Boston held Atlanta to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.9 (below their season average of 21.2) while Washington forced Atlanta into a turnover percentage of 16.8 (above their season average of 13.8). Bradley Beal played well for Washington with 32 points. Meanwhile, Al Horford had a good game for Boston, contributing 16 points and seven rebounds.
Washington might have a tough time scoring as they square off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Boston currently ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Wizards rank 13th in offensive efficiency.
Of the Celtics’ 80 games, 40 have finished over the projected point total. Boston heads into the contest with records of 54-26 straight up (SU) and 47-29-4 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Boston, games including the Wizards have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (52.5 percent). Further, Washington is 42-38 SU and 35-43-2 ATS.
The Wizards lead the season series two games to one. The two teams combined to score 249 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 201. Washington won 125-124 but was unable to cover as a 4-point favorite. The Wizards’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Celtics. Washington had a rate of 27.7, while Boston posted a mark of 20.4. Beal was the game’s top overall scorer with 34 points.
Boston Celtics at Washington Wizards Free Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- Boston ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while Washington ranks 22nd (13.1).
- The Wizards rank 23rd in points in the paint per game (42.3) while the Celtics rank 28th (39.6).
- Boston ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.4) while Washington ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1).
- The Wizards rank fourth in assists per game (25.2) while the Celtics rank 19th (22.5).
- Washington ranks 15th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Boston ranks 26th (9.3).
- Washington is 19-4 when they allow under 100 points, while Boston is 35-5.
- The Wizards are 39-20 when they score over 100 points, while the Celtics are 41-12.
- Boston is 28-12 ATS on the road, while Washington is 14-24-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Celtics’ 40 road games, they have 21 unders, 18 overs and 1 push.
- The Wizards have 19 overs, 19 unders and 2 pushes in 40 home games.
- The Celtics are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 4 overs and 1 under, while Washington has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Celtics have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Boston has defeated opponents by an average of 3.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 103.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average).