The Phoenix Suns (19-55) welcome the Boston Celtics (50-23) to Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Suns look to put an end to their 11-game losing streak. The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, March 26, 2018, and will air on NBATV.
Boston Celtics vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Suns were beaten by the Orlando Magic, 105-99, while the Celtics were victorious over the Sacramento Kings, 104-93.
The Celtics made 12 of their 17 free throws (70.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.518). Phoenix, meanwhile, forced Orlando into a turnover percentage of 16.5 (above their season average of 13.1). Phoenix was lifted by Elfrid Payton, who had 14 points, eight assists and five rebounds. Terry Rozier was a key piece for Boston with 33 points, five rebounds and five steals.
The inefficient offense of Phoenix (30th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 101.3) will clash against the elite defense of Boston (first in the league with a defensive efficiency of 101.9). The Celtics should have the edge on that end of the court.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Celtics games, with 36 overs compared to 35 unders. Boston heads into the contest with records of 50-23 straight up (SU) and 43-26-3 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Suns games, with an even split between overs and unders. Moreover, Phoenix owns records of 19-55 SU and 32-40-2 ATS.
The Celtics’ Rozier has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 16.2 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Josh Jackson has averaged 20.8 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.8 steals during that same time frame for the Suns.
In their first matchup this year, Al Horford led the Celtics to a 116-111 victory. He notched a double-double with 14 points and 11 assists. The two teams combined to put up 227 points, which was over the projected point total of 217.5, and Boston was unable to cover as a 13-point favorite. Boston did a terrific job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Phoenix, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.2 vs. 11.4).
Boston Celtics at Phoenix Suns Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Suns, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Under
- The Celtics average 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Suns rank 15th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1).
- Boston ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (10.2) while Phoenix ranks 29th (14.9).
- The Celtics rank eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.1) while the Suns rank 29th (18.9).
- Boston ranks eighth in rebounds per game (44.5) while Phoenix ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- Boston ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while Phoenix ranks 21st (13.0).
- The Celtics rank sixth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while the Suns rank last (6.0).
- The Suns rank 10th in points in the paint per game (46.0) while the Celtics rank 28th (39.1).
- Boston ranks 20th in assists per game (22.4) while Phoenix ranks 29th (21.1).
- Boston ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Phoenix ranks 29th (8.7).
- Boston is 32-4 when they allow less than 100 points, while Phoenix is 6-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Celtics are 38-10 and the Suns are 15-32.
- Boston is 25-10 ATS on the road, while Phoenix is 12-23-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 17 of the Celtics’ 35 road games, while 18 of the Suns’ 36 home games have gone over.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Boston has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Phoenix has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Celtics’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 95.8 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).